Deity meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Deity’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Deity’ pronunciation= de-a-te, dei-iti, di-iti
Deity meaning in English
‘Deity’ means the goddess or god worshiped by humans.
|Deity- English meaning
The word ‘Deity’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Deity’ is ‘Deities’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Deity’ are as follows.
▪ Kamadeva is a deity of love.
▪ Ganesh is the only Hindu deity who has an elephant head.
▪ He worships his clan deity every day.
▪ Hindu people have a belief that deities dwell in cows.
▪ Atheist people have no faith in the deity.
▪ Hindu religion has 33 crore deities.
▪ Ancient people worshiped nature as their deity.
▪ Every religion has its deity, which is worshiped by its followers.
▪ Goddess Saraswati is the deity of education.
▪ Shri Krishna was a human but Hindu people worship him as a deity.
‘Deity’ other meanings
presiding deity= The God or Goddess of the particular stream is called the ‘presiding deity’ of that stream. for eg.
- Aphrodite was the goddess of love, sex, and beauty as per Greek mythology.
- Artemis was the goddess of the hunt as per Greek mythology.
- Athena was the goddess of reason, wisdom, and war as per Greek mythology.
- Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge as per Indian mythology.
- Lakshmi is the goddess of wealth as per Indian mythology.
tutelary deity= Guardian god
family deity= The deity who protected family and children from misfortune
patron deity= Guardian god
clan deity= The deity who protected family and children from misfortune
deity man= Godman
deity temple= The place where worship god
The synonyms of the word ‘Deity’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Deity’ are as follows.