Endeavour meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Endeavour’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Endeavour’ pronunciation= in-deva, en-deva, in-de-var
Endeavour meaning in English
1. ‘Endeavour’ means striving to achieve the set goal, working hard to achieve that set goal.
2. Hard work done for a long time to achieve something.
The word ‘Endeavour’ is also used without ‘u’ (Endeavor). The meaning of these two words is almost the same.
✔ The word Endeavor (without ‘U’) is used as a verb in America.
✔ The word Endeavour (with ‘U’) is used in England as Noun and Verb.
|Endeavour- English meaning|
|to work hard|
The word ‘Endeavour’ acts as a ‘Noun and Verb’.
The past tense of the word ‘Endeavour’ is ‘Endeavoured’ and the present participle is ‘Endeavouring’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Endeavour’ is ‘Endeavours’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Endeavour’ are as follows.
▪ In spite of my best endeavour I failed the exam.
▪ He endeavoured to set up his business.
▪ Set foot on the moon is the best example of human endeavour.
▪ He endeavored to learn horse riding.
▪ His first endeavours to make the film was unsuccessful.
▪ I am endeavour to do something for orphan children.
▪ He endeavored to lift the 250 kg weight to win the competition.
▪ He consistently endeavoured to improve his English speaking skills.
▪ Buddhist monks endeavored to spreads Buddhist thoughts among people.
▪ You are a lovely teacher endeavouring to improve our English.
▪ I am endeavoring to improve my English.
▪ I was endeavouring to convince my friend to quit the cigarette.
‘Endeavour’ other meanings
earnest endeavour= Serious efforts
destiny loves endeavour= Luck loves effort
I have endeavoured= I have tried
happy endeavour= Nice effort
just endeavour= Just try
religious endeavour= Religious effort
please endeavour= Please try
endeavour person= Hardworking person
endeavour life= Striving life
endeavour attitude= Striving attitude
future endeavours= Future venture
all the best for your future endeavours= Best wishes for your future venture
human endeavour= Human effort
endeavour period= Effort period
social endeavour= Social effort
The synonyms of the word ‘Endeavour’ are as follows.
|have a go at|
|do one’s best|
|do one’s utmost|
The antonyms of the word ‘Endeavour’ are as follows.