Intervention meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Intervention’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Intervention’ pronunciation= in-tər-ven-shən, in-ter-ven-tion, intə-vens(ə)n
Intervention meaning in English
‘Intervention’ means the action of intervening to prevent a difficult situation from getting worse or to improve that situation.
1. ‘Intervention’ means ‘Interfering in the internal affairs of others’.
|Intervention- English meaning|
The word ‘Intervention’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Intervention’ is ‘Intervention’s’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Intervention’ are as follows.
▪ In India, central government intervention in state’s internal affairs is common now these days.
▪ His sister decided it was time for intervention in her brother’s dispute regarding the ancestral property.
▪ The military intervention took place in the riots between two communities.
▪ His intervention came at the right time in his friend’s quarrel.
▪ They don’t like my intervention in their family’s dispute.
▪ Most corona patients make a recovery without medical intervention.
▪ You need an intervention to save your marriage from failure.
▪ Her early intervention helped to settle further disputes.
▪ His financial intervention saved the firm from liquidation.
▪ Police intervention made me worry in that matter.
▪ All countries are independent so one country’s intervention in another country’s internal affairs is principally prohibited by international law.
▪ There are lots of cases in which intervention on humanitarian Grounds was made.
‘Intervention’ other meanings
human intervention= Human interference
non-intervention= Non-interference, laissez-faire
no intervention= No interference
early intervention= Early mediation
divine intervention= Divine interference
need your intervention= Your mediation is required.
effect of intervention= Effect of interference
intervening period= Intermediate period
intervene= To interfere
The synonyms of the word ‘Intervention’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Intervention’ are as follows.