Mention meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Mention’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Mention’ pronunciation= men-shən, mensan
Mention meaning in English
‘Mention’ means to reference or quote someone while speaking or writing.
1. To briefly refer to someone for some context.
|Mention- English meaning|
The word ‘Mention’ acts as a Noun and Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Mention’ is ‘Mentioned’ and the present participle is ‘Mentioning’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Mention’ is ‘Mentions’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Mention’ are as follows.
▪ Please don’t mention it, it is my pleasure to help you.
▪ Please mention the salary expectation in the application.
▪ The below-mentioned employee resigned last year.
▪ Their father didn’t mention his elder son’s name in the will.
▪ Police mention his name in the charge sheet as a main accused.
▪ He forgot to mention his age in the application form.
▪ In every speech, he mentions his mother’s name.
▪ Please mention the contact number with your full name in the register.
▪ He gets angry if someone mentions his father’s name in front of him.
▪ He loves his children very much but never mentions it.
▪ He has a severe health problem, but he never mentions it to anyone.
‘Mention’ other meanings
mention not= Don’t say that
mention not sir= Don’t say so sir
mention, not bro= Don’t say it, bro
always mentioned= Always referred
don’t mention= Don’t refer to it
story mention= Narration of the story
never mention it= Never referred to it
please mention= Please explain
below mentioned= Following
pertinent to mention= Worth mentioning
The synonyms of the word ‘Mention’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Tenure’ are as follows.