Obligation meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Obligation’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Obligation’ pronunciation= obli-ɡeis(ə)n, a-blə-ga-shən
Obligation meaning in English
‘Obligation’ means the state of being compelled to do something.
This compulsion can be by law or in the form of a sense of duty, in the form of moral necessity, or in the form of a promise.
|Obligation- English meaning|
The word ‘Obligation’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Obligation’ is ‘Obligation’s’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Obligation’ are as follows.
▪ It is my obligation to teach you music because I am your teacher.
▪ It is a legal obligation for you to stop a car when the traffic signal turns red.
▪ I have an obligation towards my children, my wife, and my parents as well.
▪ When the exam result came, he felt that he is failed to fulfill his obligation as a student.
▪ The company informed him, you are under no obligation to work here.
▪ It is my obligation to fulfill all the necessary needs of my children.
▪ We have a social obligation to follow all traffic rules while driving.
▪ It is a marital obligation for a husband to take care of his wife after marriage.
▪ The seller is under no obligation to refund your money in case of a faulty product.
▪ You are under no obligation because you have not signed a contract with us.
▪ You are under legal obligation, please don’t leave the district without the court’s prior approval.
▪ You can’t leave a job without prior 2 months’ notice, you are under a contractual obligation with the company.
▪ It is our moral obligation to keep the city clean.
▪ It is a legal obligation on citizens to answers all the questions of the police.
‘Obligation’ other meanings
total obligation= Total liability
moral obligation= Moral responsibility
legal obligation= Lawful duty
twin obligation= Twin liability
contractual obligation= Contractual contract
total monthly obligation= Total monthly liability
statutory obligation= Statutory duty, statutory responsibility
financial obligation= Financial liability
social obligation= Social responsibility, social duty, social bond
monthly obligation= Monthly liability
ethical obligation= Moral responsibility
marital obligation= Matrimonial obligation, matrimonial bond
pious obligation= Sacred duty
obliged= To be grateful, grateful
The synonyms of the word ‘Obligation’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Obligation’ are as follows.