Occupation meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Occupation’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Occupation’ pronunciation= a-kyə-pa-shən, ɑkyəpeɪʃən
Occupation meaning in English
‘Occupation’ is the activity for which you give your time and in return you get money.
1. ‘Occupation’ means a job or work for which you are paid.
2. Any activity which is done to earn money.
3. Person’s job or profession.
4. The act of occupying or taking possession of a building.
5. The act or process of taking possession of a place or area or land by military forces of a foreign power.
|Occupation- English meaning|
The word ‘Occupation’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Occupation’ is ‘Occupations’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Occupation’ are as follows.
▪ The work that a person does to earn money, that job or work is called his ‘Occupation’.
▪ After losing so much money, I came to know this occupation is not profitable.
▪ Occupation of doctors is not easy; they really work hard every day.
▪ She chooses the teacher occupation because she loves to teach children.
▪ He is a good driver but he chooses the electrician occupation.
▪ Nobody knows his occupation, but he looks like, a rich man.
▪ My doctor occupation brings me lots of respect from society.
▪ Military occupation is at a peak in that area due to terrorist activity.
▪ The Russian occupation of Ukraine land.
▪ Occupation of a building without a certificate of occupancy is illegal.
Some examples of ‘Occupation’ that people do.
The synonyms of the word ‘Occupation’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Occupation’ are as follows.