Often meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Often’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Often’ pronunciation= ȯ-fən
Often meaning in English
‘Often’ means an event or action that occurs several times or frequently.
1. If something happens repeatedly, then the word ‘Often’ is used in the statements to indicate this frequency or to give information about it.
|Often- English meaning|
The word ‘Often’ acts as an ‘Adverb’.
The comparative adverb of the word ‘Often’ is ‘Oftener’ and the superlative adverb is ‘Oftenest’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Often’ are as follows.
▪ Too often we listen to patriotic songs.
▪ How often do you exercise?
▪ Oftentimes there is no clear relationship between saying and doing.
▪ How often do you cook it?
▪ He often exhibits his skill in front of the audience.
▪ His pockets are often full of chocolates.
▪ She often listens to the radio.
▪ He often goes to the cinema with friends.
▪ He often makes me laugh.
▪ She often watches tv.
▪ She often visits her native place.
▪ The Central Processing Unit has often called the brain of the computer.
▪ He often leads his team.
▪ She often visits the temple.
‘Often’ other meanings
very often= Frequently, repeatedly
too often= Too many times
most often= Most of the time
not often= Not many time
not often enough= Not much of the time
so often= Much of the time
more often= More of the time
more often than not= Happening more than half the time, usually
often demonstrate= Most of the time demonstrate
often true= Many of the time true
often enough= Most of the time enough
often untrue= Many of the time untrue
quite often= Many of the time, fairly often, very often
wander often wonder always= Wandering is often a surprise
as often as not= Not as often
less often= Less frequently, less regularly
repent often= Frequently regret,
fairly often= Something occurs relatively frequently
often exhibit= Regularly exhibit
often full= Most of the time full
he often goes= Many of the time goes
often you= Most of the time you
often happens- Many of time happens
hit often= Hit regularly
often called= Regularly called
often sometimes= Regularly sometimes
often produce= Regularly produce
often change= Regularly change
often not= Not regularly
often leads- Most of the time leads
often prayer= Regularly prayer
often feel overwhelmed= Most of the time feel restless, most of the time feel upset
often feel tired= Most of the time feel tired
The synonyms of the word ‘Often’ are as follows.
|over and over again|
The antonyms of the word ‘Often’ are as follows.
|now and then|