Sarcasm meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Sarcasm’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Sarcasm’ pronunciation= sar-ka-zəm, sɑ-kaz(ə)m
Sarcasm meaning in English
We say something in a joking manner to a person, although it is normal to see the said thing there is some different meaning hidden in it, which can make the person laugh or even hurt, such a thing is called ‘ Sarcasm’.
1. ‘Sarcasm’ means people say something but it means something else.
2. ‘People use ‘Sarcasm’ when it is clear that the situation is not as it was told.
3. In ‘Sarcasm’ it is clear that what is being said is meant to be opposite to that.
4. Using taunting language to insult or ridicule someone.
|Sarcasm- English meaning|
What is sarcasm?
‘Sarcasm’ means, a way of using words that are not only unpleasant for someone but are also used to make fun of him.
Sarcasm is one of the most difficult types of humor. When it is done improperly, people get angry at you, but if done in the right way, you can make people laugh.
Some Examples of sarcasm
🤣 I am so hungry I could eat a horse.
😁 I am a great cook, I can make a Maggie.
😒 You are so brilliant that’s why you are not successful in life.
The word ‘Sarcasm’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Sarcasm’ is ‘Sarcasms’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Sarcasm’ are as follows.
▪ Usually, people use sarcasm because they want to avoid an awkward and unpleasant situation.
▪ Some people think sarcasm is the worst kind of humor.
▪ You need to be careful when you use sarcasm because someone is hurt by the remark.
▪ People often ask why Americans use sarcasm so much and why are they so sarcastic.
▪ There is always a touch of sarcasm in British people’s speech when speaking.
The synonyms of the word ‘Sarcasm’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Sarcasm’ are as follows.