Shall meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Shall’ is explained in easy English with examples.
‘Shall’ pronunciation= shal, sal
Shall meaning in English
The word ‘Shall’ is used in the following situations.
1. To express future tense (future tense-auxiliary verb).
▪ I shall go to the office tomorrow.
▪ I shall win the next match.
2. To indicate a determination, strong claim, intention, or obligation.
▪ You shall go to school.
▪ People shall use masks in public places due to the corona epidemic.
▪ I shall succeed or die in the attempt.
▪ We shall win the match.
3. The word ‘shall’ is used in questions to propose or suggest a possible future course of action.
▪ Shall I send you the wedding invitation?
▪ Shall we come to your house to see you?
The word ‘Shall’ acts as a ‘Verb (auxiliary verb)’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Shall’ are as follows.
▪ Freedom is my birthright and I shall have it.
▪ The prime minister shall hold office for 5 years.
▪ Shall we have a cup of coffee?
▪ Shall you have any inquiries?
▪ Shall have everlasting life?
▪ Shall have eternal life.
▪ Shall have whatsoever he saith.
▪ Shall have a new birth of freedom.
▪ Shall we have one more horse?
▪ Shall have the right but not the obligation.
▪ In this world, you shall have tribulation.
▪ You shall have no other gods.
▪ I shall have what I decree.
▪ To care for him who shall have borne.
▪ You shall have whatsoever you say.
▪ Shall be deemed to have been accepted.
▪ Shall be deemed to have been made.
▪ Shall be deemed to have been received.
▪ We shall overcome.
▪ We shall overcome someday.
▪ We shall be free.
▪ We shall behold him.
▪ We shall not be moved.
▪ You shall not commit adultery.
▪ You shall know the truth.
▪ You shall not covet.
▪ You shall live and not die.
▪ Ask and you shall receive.
▪ You shall go out with joy.
▪ They shall not grow old.
▪ They shall walk and not faint.
▪ They shall be called by name.
▪ They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.
▪ They shall expel demons.
▪ Whom shall I fear?
▪ Love shall be your idol and support.
▪ Nothing shall be impossible.
▪ Nothing shall separate.
▪ Nothing shall offend them.
▪ Nothing unclean shall enter heaven.
▪ Nothing shall be impossible unto you.
▪ Nothing shall be impossible for you.
▪ Nothing shall forestall my return.
▪ Nothing shall be impossible to those who believe.
▪ Nothing shall harm you.
▪ Shall we fall in love?
▪ Shall we do it again?
▪ Shall he not make it good?
▪ Shall he not perform it?
▪ Shall we go on?
▪ They shall know no fear.
▪ They shall run and not be weary.
▪ They shall surely gather.
▪ They shall be showers of blessing.
▪ Lord himself shall descend.
▪ Only him shall you serve.
▪ Shall I proceed?
▪ Shall we dance?
▪ Shall not be infringed?
▪ Shall we gather at the River?
▪ Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
▪ Shall we play a game?
▪ Shall I call you?
▪ Shall we start?
▪ Shall I go?
▪ Shall I call you now?
▪ Shall we go?
▪ Shall I come?
▪ Shall we join?