Volunteer meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Volunteer’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Volunteer’ pronunciation= va-lən-tir, volən-tiə
Volunteer meaning in English
The word ‘Volunteer’ acts as a Noun and Verb.
The meaning of the word ‘Volunteer’ as a ‘Noun’ is as follows.
1. ‘Volunteer’ means a person who offers or renders any service of his own volition (desire) without expecting any profit and salary.
2. One who presents himself to serve others without any legal reason and without any coercion.
3. A person enlisting in the military of his own free will without any orders.
|a person who serves for no financial gain|
The meaning of the word ‘Volunteer’ as a ‘Verb’ is as follows.
1. Freely offer to do something.
2. Offering one’s own services free to do something for someone.
3. To enlist in the military of his own volition.
|to present oneself
|get yourself recruited
|voluntarily dedicate one’s service|
The plural noun of the word ‘Volunteer’ is ‘Volunteers’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Volunteer’ are as follows.
▪ Volunteers are the people who give their time to help people and society without any cost.
▪ People volunteer because they see problems in the community and society and they want to solve them.
▪ A hundred volunteers agreed to act as corona warriors.
▪ Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity.
▪ The Indian government requires a few willing volunteers to teach adults.
▪ Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) has announced notification for the recruitment of National Youth Volunteer vacancies.
▪ The wild forests are usually filled with volunteer plants.
▪ Political party volunteers organized a blood camp on the occasion of independence day.
▪ Thousands of young men were ready to volunteer in the army at the time of war.
▪ His parents say proudly, our son volunteered for military service.
▪ Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity where an individual or group provides services for no financial gain.
▪ Volunteers give their time to help people.
‘Volunteer’ other meanings
paralegal Volunteer= Quasi-judicial volunteer
civic Volunteer= Citizen Volunteer, City Volunteer
ready to volunteer in the time of need= Presenting yourself in times of need
volunteer plant= A plant that grows on its own without cultivation
volunteered= Introducing oneself voluntarily
The synonyms of the word ‘Volunteer’ are as follows.
|take the initiative|
The antonyms of the word ‘Volunteer’ are as follows.